noun, verb, interjection
- The most well-known Farscape word, equivalent to a combination of "fuck" and "hell", used both directly and idiomatically.
- As in: "Frell you", "What the frell" or "I want this miracle of life the frell out of me" - Peacekeeper Wars
- Sebacean word
- It's possible the word may have different meanings to different species. For example, Jool, an Interion, once uttered the word "bullfrell" in the same context as the English term "bullshit"; technically the more correct term would have been "bulldren". ("...Different Destinations")
- (1.09 "DNA Mad Scientist")
Behind the scenesEdit
- Frell, and Farscape's other "creative slang", was devised in order to allow the characters to swear yet still get past network censorship (the same rationale used by the writers of Battlestar Galactica when they created the substitute word "frak"). In numerous interviews and fan convention discussions, Claudia Black is generally given credit for the word becoming a regular part of dialogue in the show.